Try These Delicious Whitson's Chile Recipes!
BEEF TACO FILLING
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno or Serrano chiles, chopped, or to taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, optional
- 1 1/2 cup tomato juice
Brown the meat in the skillet. If very lean, begin with 1 Tbsp. oil. When thoroughly cooked, add the other ingredients. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/3 cup stock
- 2-3 Tbsp. Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup olives, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup nuts, roasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onion
Heat oil in skillet and sauté meat, onion, and garlic until meat has lost its pinkness and the onions become translucent. Add rice and continue to cook for 5 min. Add stock and bring to a boil. Stir in Whitson’s Moist Chili Seasoning and tomato paste. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the rice is done. Add raisins and nuts, season to taste. Garnish with green onions.
GREEN FANG SERRANO SALSA ENCHILADAS
Make these delicious enchiladas using our new Green Fang Serrano Salsa.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat 1/2 jar or more of Whitson's Green Fang Serrano Salsa in a saucepan
- Add 1/2 pint sour cream and stir well
- Dip corn tortillas into warm sauce and place in a layer in the bottom of a casserole or baking pan
- Sprinkle over it 1/4 cup each chopped onion, grated cheese, and cooked chicken or turkey (optional) Reserve 1/4 cup cheese
- Repeat layers until the pan is full
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas
- Top with reserved cheese
- Bake until enchiladas bubble, about 25 minutes
- Serve immediately
WHITSON'S ORIGINAL CHILE RECIPE
This is Whitson's original chili recipe. It's been a family favorite for generations; easy to prepare and absolutely delicious!
- Cook 2 1/2 lbs coarse-ground or finely chopped beef in enough water to avoid browning
- Add 2 cubes chicken bouillon (if desired)
- When done, add 2 Tbsp. thickener (masa harina, flour, cornstarch or cracker meal)
- Stir until thickened
- Add one 4 oz. jar Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning and stir
- Add water to desired consistency
- Simmer for 1 minute
- Salt to taste
PORK RIBS ON THE GRILL
For each rack of ribs combine:
- 4 tablespoons Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
Smear on both sides and allow to marinade for at least six hours. When grilling, keep ribs away from flames so that honey does not burn. Serve and enjoy!
NANCY'S MEAT LOAF RECIPE
Make sure you start with a large enough bowl to handle all these ingredients!
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14-oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
In a large bowl beat egg until smooth. Mix in chili seasoning, garlic power, salt, and pepper. Add meat, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly and fold in bread crumbs. Shape meat into oval loaf and transfer to loaf pan or deep baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over loaf and bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
Serves 4 - 6.
SARAH'S DEVILED EGGS
Turn up the flavor with Sarah's Deviled Egg recipe.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
A good, fast way to boil eggs is to poke a tiny hole in the large end with a clean safety pin, then drop into boiling water. Cook for about 12 minutes. Drain and immerse in cold or iced water.
Cut peeled eggs lengthwise into halves. Slip out the yolks; mash. Mix in other ingredients. Fill whites with mixture. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
WHITSON'S BARBEQUE SAUCE
Delight and surprise family and friends with this zesty variation on an American classic, Bar-B-Q Sauce made with Whitson's Chili Seasoning!
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 3/4 of a fresh lemon, cut lengthwise and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Whitson's Moist Chili Seasoning
Melt butter in large pot, sauté onions & garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients. Squeeze lemon into sauce, add rind and pulp. Mix well and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cool about 40 minutes or until thick. Add 1 cup water and allow to thicken again.